Job Available at Reverse Garbage!
Environmental Arts Workshop Facilitator
Reverse Garbage is currently seeking an experienced, creative and well organised Workshop Facilitator to join the Workshop Co-ordinator in delivering Reverse Garbage's eco-art workshop program. This is a permanent part time position 4 days/wk.
Reverse Garbage is a non-profit re-use centre located in Woolloongabba, Brisbane. We collect high quality industrial discards from a wide range of industries around Brisbane, diverting them from landfill to make them available at low cost to the community through our warehouse at 20 Burke Street. Our workshop and visual arts program uses Reverse Garbage materials to encourage the creative and practical re-use of salvaged resources.
The position consists of approx three days running workshops for schools, community groups and festivals both on and off site and an additional day undertaking preparation, planning and administrative tasks. Applicants will also be required to work one Saturday/month on a rotating roster in sorting, on sales or undertaking workshops at weekend events, as well as participate in other work of the co-operative.
- Experience in delivering a diverse range of visual arts-based workshops to groups of people, including young children, teenagers and adults
- A strong understanding of issues surrounding waste, resource use and sustainability
- A strong commitment to environmental protection
- Working knowledge of the education sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Current blue card for working with children
- Current manual drivers license and clean record for 5 years
- Experience with computer programs including MS Office and MYOB
- Ability to develop and organise workshop proposals and invoices.
- Business development skills - ability to develop, promote, expand and profitably run the workshop program (and potentially other aspects) of the Reverse Garbage business
- Project management skills
- An understanding of the philosophy and practice of consensus decision making
- Previous work in a community based organisation
Reverse Garbage is a worker-run co-operative. The successful applicant will be expected to apply to become a member/director after six months. We are seeking a person who is willing to make a long-term commitment to Reverse Garbage.
Remuneration: This is a permanent part time position. The wage is $17.44/hr and is based on the general retail industry award. This increases once the successful applicant becomes a director.
For further information, please call Rozina Suliman (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) or Nadine Schmoll (Monday - Thursday) on 07 3891 9744.
Applications close 5pm Friday 27 April 2012. Employment will begin approx. 15 May 2012.
Please send a letter of application addressing the above criteria and a short curriculum vitae including two professional referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org, in person to: 20 Burke St, Woolloongabba or post to: Reverse Garbage, PO Box 5626, West End, Q, 4101.
|Workshop Facilitator Position Description March 2012.pdf||50.18 KB|